2020 CollegeBound College and Career Series
CollegeBound is hosting a series of weekly sessions with area employers to connect our scholars in college with paid internships and job opportunities. Beginning Thursday, October 29th at 4:00 pm, an area employer will connect with our CollegeBound scholars each Thursday at 4 pm for a one-hour Zoom session. Participating employers will share entry level job openings and internship opportunities, company benefits and mission, and their personal experiences in their professional careers.
2020 Career and Internship Series Schedule
Thursday, October 22nd at 4:15 pm: Professional Etiquette Session for CollegeBound Scholars
In preparation for the weekly series, join us on Zoom for the 2020 Professional Etiquette Session with CollegeBound Board Chair and Alumni Alicia Wilson on October 22, 2020. This virtual workshop will provide you with invaluable networking advice and professional tips to prepare you for the next step in your professional career! Scholars: sign up for the one-hour etiquette session here or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Beginning October 29, 2020, Every Thursday from 4-5pm on Zoom
Students, click here to sign-up for companies (updated last on 10/20/2020):
- 10/29 - University of Baltimore Law School w/ Ronald Weich, Dean, Professor of Law and Mark Bell, Director of Diversity Initiatives and Recruitment
- Both presenters play major role in application process for UB Law, looking for any students interested in a career with Law or planning to apply for Law School
- 11/5 - Travelers Companies, Inc. w/ TBA
- Insurance company including 2 representatives (To Be Announced) from the Technology Department and the Claims Department, each department has open positions for qualified students; highly encouraging Computer Science majors and Business or Accounting related majors to sign-up
- 11/12 - Johns Hopkins University w/ Alicia Wilson, VP of Economic Development for Johns Hopkins University & Johns Hopkins Health System.
- Alicia will share her career path and important milestones in her professional development, session open to all students and majors
- 11/19 - Johns Hopkins University w/ Julia Lynton Brown, Recruitment Manager, Jonathan Thompson, and Jenae Harvey
- Talent Acquisition Team from JHU looking for any students interested in opportunities at Hopkins (research, internships, entry level positions, etc.)
- 12/3 - Mariner Finance w/ Julia Timofeyeva, Chief Risk Officer, Katie Allen and Jason Delman, Human Resources
- Looking for students who are Accounting, Economics, Business, Finance, Psychology majors, or who are strongly interested in the career field of Finance or Human Resources
- 12/10 - Parks & People Foundation w/ Alicia Copeland, Youth Programs Director
- Community service-based foundation committed to rebuilding parks and vacant lots, looking for environmental science majors or any passionate students interested in working with youth or service-based organizations
- 12/17 - M&T Bank w/ Elizabeth Zak, Campus Recruiter
- Looking to connect with all students interested in jobs or internships related to Business Management, Marketing, Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- 1/7 - Rosedale Federal w/ Janet Shock, Director of Retail Banking
- Looking to connect with students who are interested in careers related to Accounting, Economics, Business, Marketing, or Finance
- 1/14 - Mercy Hospital w/ Courtnay Wittmershaus, Director of Recruitment at Mercy Medical Center
- Looking for students interested in public health or medicine-based careers, nursing majors, public health majors, natural sciences majors, or students interested in lab research experience
- 1/21 - MCB Real Estate w/ Dave Bramble
- Not currently hiring, but will share his career path and experiences within the Real Estate Industry. Looking for any students interested in Real Estate, Entrepreneurship, or any Business-related majors
- 1/28 - Morris & Ritchie Associates and Geo-Technology Associates. w/ Pamela Blackwell, Corporate Recruiter
- Large firm looking for students interested in an internship or entry level job in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Planning and Management, Marketing, or Business Administration
- 2/4 - Venable LLP w/ Thomasina Poirot, Esquire.
- Baltimore based law firm looking to connect with Baltimore City college students interested in law, law school, paralegal positions, or the career path for attorneys.
- 2/11 - Travis Rodgers Group w/ Travis Rodgers, CEO and Team Leader
- Real Estate Firm looking to connect with students interested in starting their own business, Travis' Real Estate career path, or Entrepreneurship
- 2/18 - Whiting-Turner w/ Lindsay Hoover, Senior Recruiting Coordinator
- One of the nation's largest construction companies based in Baltimore, looking for students of all majors but a preference for Engineering, Business Management, Marketing and Communications majors
- 3/4 - Brightview Senior Living w/ Melissa August, Director of Talent
- Organization dedicated to supporting the wellbeing of seniors looking to recuit CollegeBound scholars. They offer multiple job positions within their Senior Living Communities such as: nurses and health aides, dining servers, sales, chefs, executive directors, and activity coordinators. They also offer multiple job positions at their home office including human resources, development, IT, accounting, marketing, and more!
- 3/11 - Ameriprise Financial Services w/ Jonathan Pearlstein, CRPC®, RICP®, Financial Advisor
- Looking to connect with students who have career interests in Finance, Taxes, Accounting, or getting financial certifications/licenses after graduation
- 3/18 - Teach for America w/ Joshua Crockett, Manager of Teacher Recruitment
- Great post-graduate opportunity for students interested in careers within Education or becoming a Teacher, but also encouraging student interested in working with urban youth populations
- 4/1 - University of Maryland School of Social Work w/ Henriette Taylor, LMSW and Assistant Dean for Student Services
- Graduate School of Social Work at University of Maryland looking for students who are interested in the graduate school application steps for Social Work, career paths within Social Work, or students currently studying in Psychology, community health, or mental health.