The Development Associate role is responsible for performing Development administrative tasks at CollegeBound. The Development plays a strategic role in assisting the Development Director with the annual development plan and owning clerical critical duties.
October 13, 2023
Please submit cover letter and resume through our job posting on Idealist: https://ideali.st/QSLrjw.
- Represent the organization with potential donors and referral sources in a professional, ethical manner that reflects a positive attitude and willingness to assist.
- Manage CollegeBound’s donor database, DonorPerfect.
- Assist with the preparation of proposals and coordination of materials for timely submission.
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate, foundation, and individual donors.
- Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed.
- Manage communications associated with the letter writing campaigns (i.e. prepare and distribute reports, notices, agendas, etc.).
- Coordinate production and mailing of fundraising campaigns, year-end appeal letters, and newsletters.
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgment letters, tax receipts, invoices, and other correspondences.
- Maintain guest lists, prepare registration materials, and attend fundraising events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in an administrative position, preferably in a nonprofit development office
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for this position.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with data management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks successfully
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters