The College Completion Advisor for the College Completion Program assesses students’ needs, goals, and interests to help them navigate through college.
College Completion Advisor
April 18, 2023
Please submit cover letter and resume through our job posting on Idealist: https://ideali.st/9NUHyA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a case management documentation system to track student status, program participation, student follow-ups where necessary, and outreach activity summaries.
- Provide academic and personal guidance/advising and referral services to students.
- Help students develop skills to navigate college resources, coursework, and professional goal-setting.
- Empower students to be self-advocates and incorporate opportunities for students to develop independence in a supportive community.
- Identify students showing academic, financial and social early warning indicators. Collaborate with students to develop success strategies.
- Develop re-entry strategies for students in jeopardy of withdrawing from school.
- Coordinate periodic relationship- and community-building outreach efforts to offer wraparound support to students.
- Organize and maintain communication schedule, detailed calendar, upcoming student goals, and tracked progress towards long-term projects.
- Assist with or lead student-facing projects including but not limited to orientations, peer mentor program, and volunteer projects for students, with occasional overnight events.
- Collect scholarship materials from students and enter data into database to assist scholarship team.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders to support student success, including other CollegeBound staff members (e.g. CAPS and scholarship coordinators) and university partners (e.g. campus liaisons).
- Ability to travel to offsite locations including occasional overnight travel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-3 years’ experience working with/providing support to adolescents/young adults required
- Valid driver’s license required and access to reliable vehicle
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for this position.
- Case management experience
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Experience working with Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with Salesforce a plus