Program Accomplishments for the 2021-2022 Academic Year:
CollegeBound Specialists worked in 18 Baltimore City public high schools: Academy for College & Career Exploration, Achievement Academy, Baltimore Polytechnic, Carver Vo-Tech, Coppin Academy, Digital Harbor, Forest Park, Frederick Douglass, Green Street Academy, Mergenthaler Vo-Tech, National Academy Foundation, New Era Academy, Reginald F. Lewis, Patterson, Port Virtual School, REACH! Partnership, Vivien T. Thomas Medical Arts Academy, and Western.
Level of Program Activity for the 2021-2022 Academic Year:
- Delivered 662 college access presentations to over 4,260 students through group meetings in grades nine through twelve.
- Conducted 9,253 one on one sessions with 1,845 students to discuss college options, admissions, SAT/ACT registration and financial aid.
- In conjunction with the Guidance Department, chaperoned or sent 345 students on 23 college tours throughout Maryland and the Mid-Atlantic Region.
- Hosted fall college fairs and career events, enabling 2,734 students an opportunity to talk to representatives from 41 colleges and universities.
- In conjunction with the Guidance Department, hosted 76 college admissions representatives who engaged 2,387 students.
- Conducted 201 college access related workshops for 3,111 students and parents including:
- 80 Financial Aid Workshops helping 1,327 students (and parents) complete financial aid forms and complete scholarship searches;
- A High School Success Seminar for 337 rising 9th grade students and parents;
- A Rising Senior Seminar helping 120 students and parents get a jump-start on the final leg of the college access process.
- Distributed 291 Black College Common Application fee waivers which allows payment for 4 colleges with a value of $7,275, 247 College Board college application fee waivers with a value of $9,395.
- Assisted 1,690 seniors apply to college.
- Secured acceptances for 919 students to a 2-year or 4-year college or university.
- Assisted 953 seniors complete the FAFSA.
- Assisted 684 seniors submit merit/scholarship applications resulting in awards for $45,511,163.00.
- Assisted 190 seniors apply for Maryland’s Guaranteed Access Grant.