CollegeBound College Completion Program
APPLY NOW: Complete the College Completion Program Application by June 1st, 2023.
The CollegeBound College Completion Program (CCP) is a multi-year support network composed of campus liaisons, adult mentors, peer mentors, and CollegeBound staff who are dedicated to guiding Baltimore City public school graduates through college. Students who receive funding through one of a few ways; the last dollar grant program, the Nam-McGill Book awards, the Bishop Miles Last Dollar grant or other private scholarships who have paid an additional amount to have their scholars participate in CCP.
Now entering its 6th year, the impact of the funding, wraparound services and support are making a significant difference in the college graduation rate of Baltimore City public school graduates. Our initial cohort who matriculated in 2017 are on track for a 75% graduation rate. 2018 scholars are on track for a 78% graduation rate. These rates are nearly double the college graduation rate of Baltimore City public school graduates attending a 4-year college. By comparison, the Baltimore City 6-year graduation rate for African American Students starting at 4-year colleges is between 23-28% (data provided by 2014, BERC Baltimore City Public Schools College Fact Book).
CollegeBound College Completion Advisors:
- Help student develop degree plans that meet their short-term as well as long-term educational and career objectives.
- Provide academic and personal guidance/advising and referral services to students.
- Assist students with FAFSA completion, verification, and financial aid.
- Connect students with college campus agencies that best support student needs.
Skill Building Workshops & Seminars:
- July – Transitions to College Overnight Retreat we host a two-night, three-day event to welcome new freshmen to the program. Returning scholars are invited to participate and start building connections with the incoming students.
- January – Winter workshops a hybrid model of virtual workshops and some in person, major specific events held at a Baltimore metropolitan location. We host a multi-day, conference style workshops for all college levels. Past topics include: “How to Interview”, “Business Etiquette”, “Financial Literacy”, “Healthy Relationships”, “How to communicate with a professor”.
- May – Early Summer Event hosted at large Baltimore venue, we bring all of our scholars together to reconnect, reflect on the school year, and prepare for summer internships. This event includes recognition of graduating senior scholars.
- CCP Peer Mentor Program – Freshman and sophomores are provided peer mentors from our upperclassman College Completion Scholars. Peer mentors engage with students on campus to connect them to resources as well as participate in campus activities together.
- CCP Mentor Program – Rising college juniors, seniors, and 5th year students are matched with a volunteer adult mentor based on common academic interests, professional goals, or personal values. All volunteer adult mentors will receive training from the College Success Team and must be a current working professional. If you are a CCP scholar that is interested in receiving an adult mentor for academic year 2023-2024, please click HERE to submit your CCP Mentee Application before April 15, 2023.