The Student-Centered College Access Program
CollegeBound employs full-time College Access Program Specialists (CAPS) who work on-site in Baltimore City public high schools. CAPS create a dedicated college center within their high schools where they assist students with the college and financial aid application processes. CAPS assist students from any stage in their post-secondary exploratory journeys and are available to all students, all the time.
CollegeBound structures its program using a standard format and curriculum, but creatively tailors its services to meet the needs and unique character of each Baltimore City public high school.
CollegeBound services offered by CAPS at each high school include, but are not limited to:
- School-wide and classroom presentations on the college and financial aid process
- One-on-one college and financial aid advising, the core of CollegeBound’s program
- High-school based college fairs in the fall and spring semesters
- One-day college bus tours throughout the year and overnight college bus tours during spring break
- City-wide seminars available to all Baltimore City public school students and families each spring