Current Program Description:
CollegeBound Specialists worked full-time in 13 Baltimore City high schools: Academy for College & Career Exploration, Augusta Fells Savage Visual Arts Academy, Baltimore Polytechnic, Carver Vo-Tech, Coppin Academy, Digital Harbor, Edmondson-Westside, Green Street Academy, Mergenthaler Vo-Tech, National Academy Foundation, Reginald F. Lewis, Paul Laurence Dunbar, and Western.
Program Accomplishments for the 2016-2017 Academic Year:
- Delivered 603 college access presentations to over 5,723 students through group meetings in grades nine through twelve.
- Conducted 9,318 one‑on‑one sessions with 2,648 students to discuss college options, admissions, SAT/ACT registration and financial aid.
- In conjunction with the Guidance Department, chaperoned or sent 1,042 students on 150 college tours throughout Maryland and the Mid-Atlantic Region.
- Hosted fall and spring college fairs, enabling 5,814 students an opportunity to talk to representatives from 38 colleges and universities.
- In conjunction with the Guidance Department, hosted 174 college admissions representatives who engaged 1,659 students.
- Chaperoned 376 students to the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) College Fair.
- Conducted 31 college access related workshops for 699 students and parents including:
- 26 Financial Aid Workshops helping 411 students (and parents) complete financial aid forms and complete scholarship searches;
- 3 NCAA Clearinghouse Seminars for 58 student athletes;
- A High School Success Seminar for 121 rising 9th grade students and parents;
- A Rising Senior Seminar helping 109 students and parents get a jump start on the final leg of the college access process.
- Distributed 1,941 fee waivers for the ACT/SAT at a value of $100,201.
- In conjunction with the Guidance Department, registered 1,039 seniors for the Baltimore City Public School System funded October/November 2016 SAT initiative, at a fee-waived value of $52,963.
- In conjunction with the Guidance Department, registered 1,445 juniors for the Baltimore City Public School System funded May/June 2017 SAT initiative, at a fee-waived value of $70,091.
- Distributed 117 CollegeBound Foundation college application fee waivers with a value of $62,760 and 707 College Board college application fee waivers with a value of $44,278.
- Assisted 2,080 seniors apply to college. Secured acceptances for 1,685 students to a 2-year or 4-year college or university.
- Assisted 1,609 seniors complete the FAFSA.
- Assisted 1,098 seniors submit merit/scholarship applications resulting in awards in the amount of $50,351,338.
- Assisted 61 seniors complete Maryland’s Guaranteed Access Grant application resulting in awards in the amount of $542,650.
Our Impact Since 1988: