Thank you for your interest in the CollegeBound Workshops. Below is a list of our workshop offerings. We generally have pre-scheduled quarterly trainings specially tailored for community-based organizations that service Baltimore City youth.
|November 29th, 2023||Jack Kent Cooke Scholarships|
|December 2023||Latest in Transfer Student Initiatives|
|January 2024||Support Letters For Unusual Circumstances|
|April 2024||GAP Year For Pell Eligible Students|
|May 2024||Early College Awareness|
If you would like to be added to the CollegeBound Foundation Webinar Distribution List, please complete the link below. All participants in the Webinar Distribution List will receive updated notices and calendar invites to trainings.
Click here to be added to the Distribution List
To view previous webinar recordings, please click here for our YouTube playlist.
30 Minute Workshops
- The CollegeBound Foundation Competitive Scholarships- this presentation will give you an overview of our $4 million portfolio and the categories of awards.
45-60 Minute Workshops
- Financial Aid Overview – The CollegeBound Foundation hosts our Financial Aid Basics event annually every fall. During this one-hour “Train the Trainer” event, topics will include Cost of Attendance, Federal Aid, and Maryland State Aid. Potential attendees complete the registration on the CollegeBound website to confirm their attendance.
- Funding Trades – The CollegeBound Foundation hosts our Funding Trades Virtual Event annually, where we will discuss scholarships and grants for certificate and trade programs. During this hour and a half “Train the Trainer” event, you will hear from actual scholarship and grant providers who can provide insight on how your students can garner these funds. Potential attendees complete the registration on the CollegeBound website to confirm their attendance.
- Scholarship Applications – The CollegeBound Foundation annually hosts our Scholarship Application Packaging Virtual Event. It is typically a Q&A panel discussion about best practices for helping students create a winning application. During this hour and fifteen minutes “Train the Trainer” event, you will hear from scholarship providers who’ll share insight on whom they award and why. Potential attendees complete the registration on the CollegeBound website to confirm their attendance.
- Early College Awareness Tips – The CollegeBound Foundation host our Early College Awareness once annually. This workshop provides a general overview of items to consider when engaging students in 7th – 9th. Potential attendees complete the registration on the CollegeBound website to confirm their attendance.
- Negotiating College Financial Awards – This is a new workshop for 2023. Details will be forthcoming.
Thank you for reaching out to the CollegeBound Foundation. Before filling out a request form, please refer to our guidance around our offerings.
- Please refer to our annual training calendar, as our quarterly offerings may cover your topic of interest.
- At this time, all workshops must be submitted four weeks in advance to allow for careful consideration and planning of the webinar.
- Workshops will only be offered virtually as webinars unless otherwise noted.
- Workshops requests will be limited to one workshop per organization per year.
- The CollegeBound Foundation can accommodate workshops between the hours of 10:00 am – 2:00 pm eastern standard time.
- Virtual Workshop: Create the virtual space and share the link with the assigned presenter at least 48 hours in advance. When creating the space, ensure you provide the presenter access to share their screen and video.
- In-Person Workshop: Reserve the physical space and email location to the assigned presenter at least 48 hours in advance. The presenter will need access to a computer and projector.
- After you receive confirmation, communicate with the presenter by email about your goals for the workshop.
- Within 48 hours after the presentation, email the presenter a list of attendees with full names and emails.
If you have a special request that doesn’t fit in the scope of our permanent list, please click the link below.