Program Accomplishments for the 2019-2020 Academic Year:
CollegeBound Specialists worked in 21 Baltimore City public high schools: Academy for College & Career Exploration, Achievement Academy, Baltimore Polytechnic, Carver Vo-Tech, City Neighbors, Coppin Academy, Digital Harbor, Excel Academy, Forest Park, Frederick Douglass, Green Street Academy, Mergenthaler Vo-Tech, National Academy Foundation, New Era Academy, Reginald F. Lewis, Paul Laurence Dunbar, Patterson, REACH! Partnership, Renaissance Academy, Vivien T. Thomas Medical Arts Academy, and Western.
Level of Program Activity for the 2019-2020 Academic Year:
- Delivered 583 college access presentations to over 8,726 students through group meetings in grades nine through twelve.
- Conducted 10,108 one‑on‑one sessions with 3,831 students to discuss college options, admissions, SAT/ACT registration and financial aid.
- In conjunction with the Guidance Department, chaperoned or sent 995 students on 98 college tours throughout Maryland and the Mid-Atlantic Region.
- Hosted fall college fairs and career events, enabling 5,021 students an opportunity to talk to representatives from 38 colleges and universities.
- In conjunction with the Guidance Department, hosted 330 college admissions representatives who engaged 3,343 students.
- Chaperoned 604 students to the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) College Fair.
- Conducted 195 college access related workshops for 2,198 students and parents including:
- 69 Financial Aid Workshops helping 1,210 students (and parents) complete financial aid forms and complete scholarship searches;
- 8 NCAA Clearinghouse Seminars for 277 student athletes;
- A High School Success Seminar for 372 rising 9th grade students and parents;
- A Rising Senior Seminar helping 208 students and parents get a jump-start on the final leg of the college access process.
- Distributed 219 fee waivers for the ACT/SAT at a value of $11,784.
- In conjunction with the Guidance Department, registered 1,624 seniors for the Baltimore City Public School System funded October/November 2019 SAT initiative, at a fee-waived value of $77,753.
- Distributed 1,194 CollegeBound Foundation college application fee waivers with a value of $47,258, 240 NACAC application fee waivers with a value of $9,600, and 928 College Board college application fee waivers with a value of $29,991.
- Assisted 2,032 seniors apply to college.
- Secured acceptances for 1,992 students to a 2-year or 4-year college or university.
- Assisted 1,729 seniors complete the FAFSA.
- Assisted 735 seniors submit merit/scholarship applications resulting in awards for $61,449,296.
- Assisted 283 seniors apply for Maryland’s Guaranteed Access Grant.
Our Impact Since 1989: