Program Accomplishments for the 2018-2019 Academic Year:
The mission of the CollegeBound Foundation is to encourage and enable Baltimore City Public High School students to go to college. The program encourages students to take the SAT/ACT, assists with college selection, helps fill out the complicated financial aid forms, and awards eligible students last‑dollar funding.
Level of Program Activity for the 2018-2019 Academic Year:
- Delivered 729 college access presentations to over 7,136 students through group meetings in grades nine through twelve.
- Conducted 8,349 one‑on‑one sessions with 2,729 students to discuss college options, admissions, SAT/ACT registration and financial aid.
- In conjunction with the Guidance Department, chaperoned or sent 1,153 students on 27 college tours throughout Maryland and the Mid Atlantic Region.
- Hosted fall and spring college fairs, enabling 4,506 students an opportunity to talk to representatives from 38 colleges and universities.
- In conjunction with the Guidance Department, hosted 244 college admissions representatives who engaged 1,944 students.
- Chaperoned 498 students to the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) College Fair.
- Conducted 121 college access related workshops for 3,131 students and parents including:
- 71 Financial Aid Workshops helping 1,204 students (and parents) complete financial aid forms and complete scholarship searches;
- NCAA Clearinghouse Seminars for 351 student athletes;
- A Success Seminar helping 372 rising 9th graders and their parents begin their college access journey;
- A Rising Senior Seminar helping 202 students and parents get a jump-start on the final leg of the college access process.
Assisted 225 seniors complete Maryland’s Guaranteed Access Grant application resulting in awards of $1,570,200. Distributed 109 fee waivers for the ACT at a value of $5,450. Distributed 870 fee waivers for the SAT at a value of $47,850. In conjunction with the Guidance Department, registered 581 seniors for the Baltimore City Public School System funded November 2018 SAT initiative, at a fee-waived value of $31,955. In conjunction with the Guidance Department, registered 2309 juniors for the Baltimore City Public School System funded May SAT initiative, at a fee-waived value of $126,995. Distributed 4,549 CollegeBound Foundation college application fee waivers with a value of $91,130 and 358 College Board college application fee waivers with a value of $14,540. Assisted 1,940 seniors apply to college. Secured 3,552 acceptances to a 2yr or 4yr college or university. Assisted 1,833 seniors complete the FAFSA. Assisted seniors submit merit/scholarship applications resulting in awards of $52,389,964.
Our Impact Since 1988: